Wednesday, July 27, 2005


Day 4 Wednesday, woke up this morning to find blue skies, headed out the door to the train station for breakfast. I think this was the first time I ate fish for breakfast. Today for some reason there are more people about I mean more as in thousand more than in the past days the sidewalks, train station, and the trains was just jam packed make moving around stressful. It seem like I have been here for weeks, but I have only been here four days with six more to go. I have been focusing on the little things that just strike me odd culturally like the weird American jingles in the train station this morning was Some where over the rainbow done with bells to announce the train doors closings. The strange magazines about photographs of cats giving love advice. I spent the majority of the daylight hours in a room without windows being shown powerpoints in Japanese. Today was a little less painful but still very long. I drank another eight rounds of coffee wishing I tattooed eyes on my eyelids to fool people that I am awake. Not much to mention on the business day I feel like I am Japanese my entire day is work commuting to and from work. I finally got to eat sushi with Mike Mount at a restaurant close to the hotel. Just as I was ordering at the sushi bar the chef placed a fish dish with the fish still breathing it freaked me out, but assured me that this place is so fresh the fish are not even dead when they serve it. Order an assortment of sushi melted in my mouth, hands down one of the best sushi I have ever eating at a price that was so cheap that Mike and I thougth the check was wrong 43 bucks for a large amount of good quality sushi. The starter course to the right, Oh yeah I love sushi. Fading fast I went up to the top floor of the hotel to check out the view before retiring, it was well worth holding off sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carola said...

And I thought that coffee and tortilla was an odd combo... forget it! Fish and coffee beats it...

Sushi looks really gooooood though... Tomoe when you get back?

7:50 AM  
Blogger christopher sly said...

yo, don't forget to check out the beer vending machines...

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home